Tuesday, August 09, 2011Visual Issues (Blank Window, Missing Fonts)
If you're experiencing either a blank (black) Curse Client window or the fonts show up as boxes instead of text, you might have a corrupt font set or cache file. Below are a few solutions to these issues.
- Open a new Explorer window and navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\
- Delete the file called FontCache126.96.36.199.dat.
- Restart your computer
If the letters in the Curse Client window appear as boxes, it is likely your font set has become corrupted (perhaps from a failed update).
- Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
- In the left pane, click Font settings.
- 3. Click Restore default font settings.
- Exit Curse Client v5.
- Download SegoUI from our web site: SegoeUI.zip
- Unzip the contents of this file to your Windows\Fonts and overwrite any existing files.
- Reboot your PC
If this doesn't work for you, do the following:
- Go to C:\Windows\Fonts
- Click on the Font settings link in the left panel.
- Click "Restore default font settings".
- Reinstall the Curse Client here.
- Reboot your machine.